Sunday, August 28, 2011

CNN, viewers lose in Brown's departure

I want to congratulate you on your recent editorial that brought attention to the untimely replacement of Aaron Brown on CNN.

Mr. Brown was a great anchorman and engaged the people in his audience and made them feel that he was talking directly to each person.

His manner was such that he not only enjoyed his time on the air, but his performance revealed his love and wit and as your comment noted, with respect and a true acknowledgement of the facts.

I thought of him as a friend who came each night to tell us what was going on in the world and did it in a fashion that captured and held the audience. I hope that he will soon be back on the air, because I miss him very much.

CNN is the loser, and so are his viewers, but I appreciate the fact that your newspaper made note of his departure.

LaVern McDonald
Baton Rouge