Tuesday, December 6, 2005

15 biggest pop-culture regrets of 2005

By Dusty Smith
For the Dayton Daily News


Every Thanksgiving entertainment hacks across the country compile a list of the pop-culture things for which they are thankful. And I am one of those hacks.

However, this isn't Thanksgiving. It's the week after Thanksgiving. Which is not a day of thanks. It's a day of regrets. Whether it was the eight-hour drive, the fifth piece of pie or that horrible, insulting, unforgivable (yet totally accurate) thing you said to your mother-in-law, with a week to reflect on it, today is about guilt and remorse (for me, anyway).

So with that in mind, here are my 15 biggest pop-culture regrets of the past year. No, there's no significance to that number. It's just how many I happened to think of.

I REGRET...

•That Eminem has given up both drugs and relevance.

•That not even Aaron Brown's folksy charm could save him.